Thread: Check the new Z
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supragtsxr View Post
I meant to clarify what i meant by 'launching' the car. I am only concerned with normal take off. I don't imply launching hard and speeding off lol. I need to work on my manual transmission lingo.

I did manage to get to work today with only two stalls. With more practice its becoming easier.
If you're stalling it, you're letting off the clutch too quickly. Once you learn where the clutch starts engauging, pay attention to your RPM - if they drop, push the clutch in a bit and let the engine "catch up" - then bring the clutch back out to get the car moving again.

The big thing is to listen and feel the car moving.

Now, this car has over 300hp, and a great flat torque curve to it - you shouldn't be stalling it...but sports cars are known for having "quick" clutches. See if you can find someone who's got a manual that you can learn with first.

Stalling out your (new) car can potentially damage things - u-joints namely (hard torque back and forth) - anyhow, enjoy your car. You'll get it.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote