View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpit View Post
Just finished installing the R2C intake. Project took about 2 hours working slowly and was pretty easy. Really didn’t have to look at the instructions as there isn’t all that much to do. The fit and finish is perfect and everything just falls into place. I ordered the black nickel and it looks very good. I did not dyno as the closest one is about two hours away and really don’t want to spend the money until I get an UpRev tune-up.

Very little increase in noise (if any) but it gives the Berk HFCs a nicer, deeper tone especially above 6000 where it sounds great. Certainly feels like there is a gain in power (really noticeable at the high end) but will have to drive it a little bit more. One thing I did do was monitor the intake air temperatures. I have the Modshack Fang Intake Modification and was curious how the R2C would compare with the stock in this regard. The MFIM
really did a great job on the stock intake keeping intake temp. between 6-10 degrees above the ambient temp. Although the seal isn’t as tight with the
R2Cs the IAT never was higher than 10 degrees above ambient temp unless you are stopped. At one point I idled for about 3 minutes and the IAT went up to 100 degrees and was back into the low 70s in about 20 seconds after accelerating. The car does not have to be going all that fast to keep IATs low – I would say no more than 25 mph. I would certainly recommend the Modshack modification for any intake you are using.
Mine came in today - I ordered black powder coat. Can't wait to install them tonight!