View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
i cant believe no one else has said this. you dont have an exhaust leak. its simply the engine hissing. look it up. "vq37 hiss"

its simply a byproduct of removing the factory catalytic converters. its there when you replace with test pipes, highflow cats..long tube headers. you name it. the ARK high flow cat's attempt to fix this with a resonant chamber. look it up!

heres the ARK HFC's:
Introducing : ARK PERFORMANCE Inc RSPEC Hi FLOW CAT 370z/G37
The op mentioned in post #7 that he was getting it on acceleration also, which is not typical when referring to new exhaust hiss.

I personally don't feel it's an exhaust leak, but from the OP's description, it sounds like it is not the typical post-cat removal hiss.

Hopefully he will figure it out and give us an update.
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote