View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sales@AAMComp
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GT-R
Sales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindaGuise View Post
Hey guys I was at a meet tonight and talked with some folks who have done this already and are in the autobody industry. Im not going to lie. I think I may wait for my paint job. The paint needs around 12 hours of air drying time for all moisture to evaporate. If you dont wait you run a serious risk of of having sealing issues or moisture in your light. Do you guys plan on leaving them sit for 6-8 once we have them apart and painted? Because I would be okay with that. I think regardless I am going down to atleast meet you all and help out I just dont know if it is my time yet.lol I can bring soda and water
my tip is to not cake on the paint, paint enough to cover what needs to be covered and thats it. The more you paint the longer it'll take to dry but light coats to cover your bases you'll be fine. IF you put it back together while its still wet, yes the paint will dry and evaporate to the inner side of your lens and I know exactly what this looks like. It really isn't that bad but you can tell your lens is not 100% clear like it was from factory. If it's a nice sunny day, there won't be an issue with the paint drying quickly. If it's rainy and humid.. I would suggest heat lamp and letting it dry indoor maybe

Tyler Day, Technical Sales
TylerD@aamcompetition.com
301-497-9214 Direct
AAM Competition | YouTube channel | LIKE us on Facebook!
Sales@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote