View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
I have a friend who is a tech at the dealership. He replaced a bunch of CVTs. Everytime I go there for a visit they're replacing CVTs. It doesn't seem to have a good track record.
You mean to tell me no one replaces 'normal' Auto Tranny's? Nobody experiences Auto tranny failures on any other vehicle?

Here is my track record: I have an 08 Altima with the CVT. I love the smooth quite non-bumpy ride when I am just taking a "family" ride somewhere, or stuck driving in heavy traffic. If you've never experienced a CVT going up a steep upgrade with no shifting, abrupt bucking, and gear hunting, then you don't know the CVT's merits.

And, since I don't abuse it, I've not had to do anything on it but change the fluid at the regular maintenance intervals.

I also have an '05 Titan, and its the 'normal' auto tranny. I have had no issues with it either, and it is fun to drive too.

..and last but not least, I bought my 370Z with a manual tranny for the sportiness and the thrill. Each vehicle has its own prupose and mission, and I love driving them all.

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote