View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Greddy turbo pan,CSF radiator,25 row oil cooler,25 row trans cooler,2 Spal 6.5 in fans, and I don't go over 205 with pretty hard driving in 100deg weather.

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
The past month has been a scorcher with ambient temps hitting 111F and breaking records. Even for a force fed daily driver (possibly with air in the cooling system, but recently flushed again), my oil temps hit 220-235 in stop and go traffic, and the water temps climbed fast the 60% mark. I try to baby the car, so it doesn't see much boost with this kind of weather.

I'd like to upgrade various component for next summer. Please excuse my ignorance in regards to the combination and fitment of these components.

I may step up to a larger Setrab oil cooler and have it custom mounted similar to the picture below. With an aluminum undertray, perhaps it can be cut and ducted to direct air towards the cooler from underneath the bumper.

CSF Radiator + Condenser Combo:
370Z Upgraded Radiator with Condenser

GTM Fan Kit:
GTM Motorsports*::*COOLING SYSTEM*::*GTM Fan SHROUD Kit For Z34/V36

I know the GTM kit requires an OEM radiator for proper fitment, so perhaps we can discuss effective combinations for improved cooling.

Aside from all that, I would definitely try to vent the hood and fender trim to expel heat especially with the fans running. Don't forget, I'd like to update the software to allow the fans to kick in sooner. When it was super hot outside I lifted the hood and all that heat from the bay nearly burned my face while the fans were running.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote