View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
My wife routinely sits with her feet planted on the floor and knees bent so the back of her thighs don't touch the leading edge of the seat. The airbag off light always illuminates and I scold her to 'sit right'.

I can't comment on the proposed problem, but can confirm the seat sensor is finicky and sometimes thinks there is a child in the seat when it's an adult. As mentioned before, the indicator has three states.
1) no one in seat, light off, airbag off
2) child in seat (weight under threshold level), light on, airbag off
3) adult in seat, light off, airbag on
from the manual I infer that there is a 4th state.
4)child seat strapped in. (light on, airbag off)

perhaps I am mistaken.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote