View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Buy used for savings if you need/want it rather than peace-of-mind.

If you're buying something to mod and you're expecting to tear into it quite a bit you might as well go used, but if you want something stock, with a warranty, that you just plan to drive and you would worry less IMO it's better to go new.

I'm in the 2nd group, by the way. Anyone who has ever bought any of my cars used has gotten a great car, but I had a car one time and knew the guy who bought it after me, who did some really stupid mods and then parted out/sold it a year later still looking great with fairly low mileage. I wouldn't have bought that car back for $10,000 and it was selling for almost 3x that.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote