View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Question GTM TT: Coolant Flush Advice?

A couple of months ago my tech performed work for the heater core TSB, and then he raised the front end of the car as part of the bleeding procedure. Since then it appears my oil and water temps are higher than usual on 100+ days. I've seen the water temps exceed 55-60% mark, and oil temps as high as 220-240F. This is simply daily driving in stop and go traffic (which makes it worse). After shutting down the car on a hot day I can still hear the gurgling sound in the heater core.

IIRC, when my turbos were installed the installer mentioned something about air in the water lines of the turbos and how difficult it was to get it out.

My car is going in tomorrow to get another flush, so I wanted to see if there's anything different that can be done.