View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
CAN-ZED
Base Member

Drives: h
CAN-ZED is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=FricFrac;181419]So far my experience is the polar opposite of yours. My wife has an '04 Toyota Sienna we bought as a lease return in '05. Still under warranty. Less than two years old the cable from the automatic sliding door breaks because it has RUSTED through. Where we live it doesn't dip below freezing very often so we don't use salt on the roads that much. There isn't much rusting of cars here so we are puzzled by the cable issue. Look it up on the internet and it seems to be fairly common. Take it to Toyota and they will not fix it under warranty. Show them its a recuring problem and they still wont fix it. Call our mechanic up (very trustworthy and helped us out more than once) and the part for the door is $2100! So while I really like how the Sienna has performed - the fit and finish and all the rest of the mechanical reliability - I will never buy a Toyota again because of their horrible customer service.

Back to the springs.... I went to my Nissan dealer locally and told him about the latch issue and that there were replacement springs to resolve the issue. He came out and checked it and the first two times it didn't work. I showed him the springs and how they rotate out. Closed it and opened it and out of the 1000 times I've opened the hatch that its never poped properly it opened all the way! Tried it and it opened again. He said he saw it not working the first two times so we were OK. It's never worked properly again since. Figures the two time it works is when I'm trying to show the guy! Anyhow I gave them the part number for the longer springs and they are going to order them in to fix the problem. I also showed them a molding flaw on the steering wheel on the plastic which they said they will order in a new cover, wheel, airbag or whatever is needed to fix it. Once the parts come in and its actually fixed I'll post and let you guys know.

Can you give us the part # for the longer springs.
CAN-ZED is offline   Reply With Quote