View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
KingZee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Focus ST
KingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond reputeKingZee has a reputation beyond repute

I started having a weird issue today and wondering if it's the same as this issue...I was city driving all day in Hollywood and it's just crazy stop and go traffic. Normal ~190 oil temp. I have an '09 manual. When I come to a complete stop or car was in neutral, 7 times out of 10 I would say, idle would drop, car would shake a bit, then idle would go back to normal, after a few times of this happening I started to notice that every time it would happen the Voltage would drop and I'd always catch it on its way back to 14 as idle goes back to normal.

I was guessing voltage drop is due to car almost shutting off because of low idle/shake then when idle goes back to normal so does voltage but I don't know why the idle is acting weird? Could this have anything to do with my "recent" exhaust install/tune (or lack thereof)? Or is this pretty much exact same issue OP was experiencing and I should just check my battery and not worry about it?

Thanks as always for any input guys

Last edited by KingZee; 08-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.
KingZee is offline   Reply With Quote