View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
'10Anamoly
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z BS M6
'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light'10Anamoly is a glorious beacon of light
Default Nismo S-Tune Sway Bars review, thanks to Z1 Motorsports!

So I just got a set of the Nismo S-tune sway bars installed on my 370z at Z1 Motorsports. Price was $268+ install and tax.

Thoughts are below:

The bars themselves are powdercoated silver and look great (especially on my Brilliant Silver Z!). They are noticeably heavier than the stock bars, probably 2-3 pounds each. The front bar seems beefed up more than the rear which is probably a good thing for balance on these cars. The bars have pressed on metal tabs to keep the mounting rubber for the bars from sliding inward, which is a nice, OEM style touch that not all aftermarket bars have. The packaging came with new exhaust gaskets since you have the option of dropping the rear exhaust to install them. Z1 was able to put these in though by loosening a few bolts here and there and lowering the pipes a bit without a big ordeal.

I will admit, I was a bit skeptical of the impact these would have. I never went for the Hotchkis or Stillen bars as I dont track the car and wouldnt be into adjusting it per my needs. I wanted something that was a one shot deal for improving the handling of the car without too much oversteer or any crazy bar rates.

That being said, I am extremely satisfied. The car seems much more stable both on the highway and through curves, short and long. You can feel the bumps a bit more but its less of a banging sound, more of a muddled thump which is a nice change. The chassis feels much more solid with these. Overall NVH is not increased, just big bumps that seem a bit deeper in tone but more controlled.

Steering turns in significantly quicker which is a definite plus. I would define it as sharper. It feels like I could more accurately pinpoint where I want the car to go with the steering without any sense of oversensitivity. Body roll is down significantly in the corners and you can tell where the traction limit is much more easily, although it does not oversteer at all. I feel more comfortable with aggressive driving with these.

All in all, I say these are an absolute steal for $200+shipping from Z1. Buy em while you can for this price before they go back up to the normal $600+ range!

EDIT: Sorry for my typo, the bars were $268, not $200. I read the receipt wrong.

374rwhp, 360rwtq SAE / GT500 Axle-Backs / Brembo Pack / Track Pack / Recaros / 6spd

Last edited by '10Anamoly; 08-03-2012 at 10:44 AM.
'10Anamoly is offline   Reply With Quote