View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Repair Tonneau cover lid or not

I recently noticed that once in a while the tonneau cover strikes the bow when opening the top, and has left a very very tiny blemish on the edge of the cover. It only hits it once in a while.

If it stayed like that, I'd be OK with it.

My concern over having the Tech try to fix it is that since no one at the dealership has had any experience with this, they may just make things worse.

The adjustment seems simple enough, but once one side is adjusted, seems like the other side should be adjusted also, otherwise the bow will not fit evenly under the canvas.

My warranty expires this December, so if I want them to try to fix it, I need to do something soon, unless I want to pay for it after warranty.

I am leaning toward taking my chances and if things get worse, paying for the repair myself.

I am thinking it's not going to get any worse than it is now, and to have someone mess with it may be regrettable as by the time it's all said and done, I could end up needing a new top, and I really don't want that.

What's your opinion? Leave it as is and hope it doesn't get any worse, or let them try to fix it, knowing they will be basically shooting in the dark due to their lack of experience?

I am interested to hear your feed back,

Thanks.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote