View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheGreatOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E60 BMW M5
TheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond repute
Default My ISS Forged wheel build progress thread...

Who doesn't love a progress thread?

I decided to document the process of having my 3 piece forged wheels built by ISS Forged.

Especially in light of all the horror stories lately with other wheel companies with horrible delays, bad customer service and shoddy product. I won't lie that gave me more reason to be weary and justify cheaping out on some $1200 wheels.

I never thought I would pony up this kind of money for wheels but while I do buy used parts here and there I try to put quality and treat my Z right. After dealing with ISS over a week, I feel more than comfortable.

I'm doing this more because I'm excited for the wheels (easily the most expensive mod I've done) and I've been promised pictures of the progress along the way. And heck if by chance this does blow up, well it will all be here lol. Plus it helps to educate the community on a members experience. I know we all appreciate when someone posts a "review" tread on an exhaust etc.

So this thread will feature the Timeline, Impressions and lots of pics pics pics.

Wheel Specs

Blonix Wheels by ISS Forged

Model: B-Spec M/8 with Steplips
Size: 19" with Performance Street Fitment (19x10 Front / 19x11 Rear) ohh yeahhhh
Finish: Gloss Black Center Disk
Additional Finish: Brushed and Tinted Clear Lips (Close to 40th color)

I should be able to fit a 285 tire in front and a 305 in back The rims will be light and trackable as well. I can finally post in the "Meaty Tire Thread"

This is the standard wheel:

Blonix M8 Forged Wheels by Iss Forged, on Flickr

While I love looking at other cars with mirror/chrome lips, I don't like it on my car.

My wheel should look like this with my options:

ISS Forged FM-10R I Glos Black Center Tinted Brush lip by Iss Forged, on Flickr

Ok, so I've drawn you in with pictures...more reading...

First Impressions

I've been working with VJ from ISS Forged. I will say working with VJ is like working with Tony from Fast Intentions ....if you know anything about anything, thats saying ALOT as Tony has a god like following here and its well deserved. Top notch customer service.

I'm sure in the wheel business there are a lot of "tire kickers" who just disappear. Comes with the territory I guess but VJ has been awesome answering all my questions and then some, more detail than I could have asked for. More patient than the other 2 companies I've inquired with in the past. Very prompt on email replies, never a vague response. Always tons of info.

Timeline

July 19th - Started emailing VJ, asking questions and sending pictures of what I had in mind. Daily back and forth.

July 25th - I finally decide to follow through and say yes to the dress...I mean wheels.

July 31st - I finally sent back the form with my CC info to take deposit.

Thats it for now pretty much. They should get started as of August 1st and should be a 4 week turn around roughly...so I'm expecting September 1st. Also being one of the first few sets sold, free shipping as advertised

So as pics and details come in, I will post in here, discuss etc...

Last edited by TheGreatOne; 08-01-2012 at 11:07 PM.
TheGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote