View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #715 (permalink)
tranceformer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 370Z PW 6MT
tranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond reputetranceformer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zDR View Post
Racing in the heat is the only way here, temps are usually in the mid 80's, but summer time is always 90+F, best you would get is low 80's at night time. I'm looking for answers on how to improve my 60' times (2.241), also my 330' time (6.027) is way off, traction issues are stepping me back. 1-2 shift equals big spun of tires, do you think shifting earlier than redline might help?
Every car and track is different, you kinda have to figure it out by trial & error. Of course is helps to get tips on what to try out but in the end it is up to the driver.

What were most of the other cars running that day? If the majority of the other drivers/cars there were struggling to run decent 60ft times, it usually means that the track prep was pretty sh*tty that day.

In your case, shortshifting 2nd gear may help. Other than that I'm not sure what would help because I've never driven/raced a 7AT 370Z. Maybe the others here can help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zDR View Post
That's my plan want a extreme performance street tire that would be good for the street and the occasional drag strip and road course, still not sure what to get for the rear tires, what you guys think would be better for the drag strip?

Bridgestone RE-11's 285/35/19 or 305/30/19
Hankook Ventus R-S3 275/35/19 or 305/30/19
I highly recommend RE-11's.. IMO you're better off with the 285's

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtodd View Post
And if you are going to set it up for drag, try to get rear camber as close to 0 as you can.
Werd. I've got mine set to about -0.6 degrees of camber in the rears. Although with the the RE-11's and the upgraded tires, it actually became more difficult to launch the car (w/o bogging). It almost felt like I had too much traction and the only way to remedy that is to let out the clutch harder and/or launch at a higher RPM. It makes me feel uneasy when you can launch at 4000 RPM then all of the sudden [after the mods] you have to go up to 4500 RPM to avoid bogging at the launch.
tranceformer is offline   Reply With Quote