View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Jack370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Plat SP 6MT
Jack370Z is on a distinguished road

RiCharlie sorry the thread went off topic a little but I understand exactly what you're talking about. If you do decide to build one of the small angled mirrors with a flat mirror I would sure like to see it. I think it would work. I use the small convex one on the lower left of the passenger side mirror. It seems to help quite a bit...sure things are smaller but it covers the area just outside the stock mirror (which is adjusted correctly). Actually I find I use it more than the stock mirror.

My problem is when backing out of a parking space at the mall. The blind spot I have a problem with is from both sides but primarily on the passenger side...I use the small porthole window behind the passenger seat but still don't feel confident and the passenger seat is usually blocking it. I only hope if someone is coming they will give way and stop or honk to let me know they are there. I haven't found a way, other than a passenger, to be able to see if anyone is coming (whether in a car or on foot). I can't think of any way to improve this. A backup cam wouldn't help and the side mirrors sure aren't any help. Suggestions?