View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
I am not sure what your statement means. Yes you changed your oil after 500 miles on your bike to synthetic as did I. That is what I am saying after your brake in period is done I like to switch to synthetic and stay with it. But I would never go against the recommended brake in and put synthetic in before it is recommended.
What I'm saying is that break-in with whatever oil you plan on using. I let mine go to 1200 miles for my Nissan. My Civic came with synthetic from the factory, and was changed out at 1k.

The deposits found in your oil is more than likely from the break in at the factory, which is the first few minutes of life they run it all the way up to redline to get the rings seated. Even then, if they drained and refilled, not everything is going to come out when you drain the oil

There is SOME break-in that happens afterwards, but not enough that you should only use dino-oil.

Last edited by kannibul; 09-03-2009 at 03:45 PM.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote