View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Also during the brake in period do not start using synthetics the engine will never have a chance to brake in again. use the oil from the dealer, after the bake in switch to full synthetic
I've heard that about break-in as well, however, many cars today comes with synthetic, and I swapped to synthetic in my motorcycle at 500miles.

My bike now has 14K miles on it, and my car that came with synthetic has nearly 70K on it. Neither have any issues relating to oil.

I swapped my Z at 1200 miles to the same brand of oil I use in everything else (except my truck - it gets left overs and such) - mobil1...

I don't anticipate any issues
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote