View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbeltre View Post
@ ChrisSlicks, I have the printout from the alingment, I'll put up the numbers after I get out of class. Aren't the tires loosing grip when they are squealing? @ VDC, they feel great, I haven't figured out the pre-load quite yet. I like the fact that I can set up the dampening between the road and the track this weekend on the fly via the extenders in the rear. Chris, from what I read here, no spacers for track correct? I bought 20mm's a while back but haven't install them yet.
No, a squealing tire is just a warning sign that you are reaching the limit of traction, but yes they will squeal louder if you break traction. The large treadblock street tires such as RE-11 don't really squeal all that much anyway unless really hot. You'll learn to understand your tires communication in time.

Spacers: up to you. I tried them but had issues and so stopped using them. The better choice is just to get wheels of a lower offset if so inclined.