View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Its pure speculation at this point. The article is based on a source saying the next GT-R isnt approved yet... but they didnt mention is the R35 has 4-5 more years in it with another face lift due most likely next year.. I spoke with one of the lead engineers and the chief of global GTR marketing from japan a few months back and they both said the same thing that there is a lot of life in the current GTR and it will improve every year and thats what was currently being focused on. They said the R36 isnt even on their minds at this point.

the 4-5 year model life extension it is confirmed soa new R36 wouldnt be due until around 2018 anyway. its a stretch to say it may or may not happen at this point
It would concern me if we knew the R35 was on its last year but thats not the case. and the japanese rumor mill is heavy on a face lift that will further extend the life cycle. For now i wouldnt read too much into all of this
i read this too... i heard they want to reduce weight by at least 120lbs from the 09 model and gain the engine up to 600hp, before making an R36.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote