View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpak@HPLogic View Post
we played around with the intake temps and actually put an adjustable resistor in the line to control the temps the ECU would see and you could see 5 degrees being taken out as it got hotter, so without knowing if there are similar tables for oil temps we knew we may be fighting a tough battle to get consistent results. It is a good product/concept just needs a little fine tuning to get more control over what is going on to be able to tune and know you have consistent results.
The vast majority of cars make better power at lower temps and I'm very disappointed there are no provisions to turn the fans on earlier. Guess it's a moot point until a lower temp thermostat is available but I just ordered an oil cooler to see if that helps. Guessing the timing is linked to water temp, but I could be wrong. The new oil cooler should help settle that some. The main issue is obviously software development.

I saw the length of the Stillen Gen 3 tubes laying on top of the engine as being an issue for intake temps and I wrapped them in a double layer of heat barrier hoping it would help. Think the main problem is the filters sit high and get a lot of heat from the radiator and the sun baking on the front. Going to run some duct work to the filters to see it that helps. Cooler weather will answer that one.

Full of ghetto fixes, but so far no cigar.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote