View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:47 AM   #59 (permalink)
chops
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: NA
chops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond reputechops has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compdoc777 View Post
From what I am told is the cats are the restriction. Any one can do a muffler delete and get the trick carbon fiber muffler with titanium blue tips for $60 off eBay and have them added to the rear of the current exhaust and have the same performance and sound as the 1200-1500 exhaust and still retain the heat shielding so you are not cooked from below.

I am on the fence of the x-pipe it works well for the 370z but I felt more performance when I had the Nismo exhaust on the car. I could feel the difference when I took it off but it was smoother, but think that is the balancing rubbers on the bottom of the exhaust.
theres definitely a restriction at the H-pipe as well. if you have a high flow cat, the pipe is 2.5". the opening to the H-pipe i believe was 2.25" and then it opens back up to 2.5" before it hits the muffler. from what a tech at a local shop told me, it was probably done to increase backpressure. he told me opening it up to 2.5" might increase the power a bit, but of course thats all hearsay.

with that said, heres another bump. still want an X-pipe or some sort of replacement for our nismo's!
chops is offline   Reply With Quote