View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #57 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post

I just know there lap times on those tires with that car and driver. I have a hard time also believing a tire with 300 treadware (PSS) can be so great. I do know the car (GTR) and the driver are great. That's most likely the cause. My main arguement was I thought you where hating on AD 08's.
Nope, i have driven on the AD08 and I think they might even be faster than the RE11 (by a few tenths). My reason for not getting them, cost and size fitment. Plus I am about to go on my 3rd set of RE11, might as well stick with what works and save $$$. It doesn't hurt that I have 4 spares at home.....

With everything said, the time difference between the two tires are probably 1-2 sec at the most. In motorsports, that is a lot to make up. You have to decide if it is worth it to you. My friend tracks his GT3 once a year and daily drives 5000 miles a year, the PSS are perfect for him and he loves them (except when he had to miss last week's event due to a flat tire) even though he knows they don't have the grip like my Bridgestone.

Speaking of tires, I had to drive my car through a downpour. I got about 10K miles on my current set and all the tires are down to the wear bars now!

Btw, I can lap my 370z on the Hankook V12s faster than my Prius on 4 slicks, yet I know full well the V12s aren't faster than the slicks.....
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote