View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

AD08 yes they are very fast, probably faster than RE11. PSS, give me a break. I am sorry, if they are recommending PSS over the RE11 for pure dry performance purposes, they need to try both tires again and look at the lap times. If you have driven on both tires on the track/autox, you will know how much stickier the RE11 is. I drove on the PSS last year in a Boxster S, it was a great tire, but it ran slower than my car on RE11. I drove them on a GT3 again last month, it didn't have the same grip I had on my 370 even though the GT3 is way faster. Btw I am not saying the Michelins are crappy tires, they are just not at the same level from the dry performance point of view. If you want a fast street tire, go with either AD08, RE11, Star Spec, NT05, R1R, RS3. Everything else is a step down and you are joking to yourself if you think otherwise.

You want to talk times. I think I drove the 997 GT3 .4 sec faster than my 370. I know some of you think the 370 is special, but is it really only .4 sec slower than a GT3? I wish. The runs are on youtube if you want to verify it.

In case someone accuse me of being a Michelin hater, I actually love them. I have a pair of Michelin slicks and I run their other tires on my Toyota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
Couple of the people im referring to have. And have tracked on them many times. And some have only used AD08's with great results. I trust these people inputs for there close friends. Your views are always bias with anything it seems. You are always one sided with any products. Like it can only be one choice and nothing is equal or even close. I guess you have it all figured out. You didn't apply these but it's not like there shi$$y tires. I wanted to make my own opinions then I can give feedback. Pretty sure they will be more than great with great grip. I feel in advance they will be equal.

All the guys I know run the same lap times on PSS, RE, and AD. They actually liked the PSS over all. This one guy was putting down a 1:30 at Road Atlanta on PSS. I know some that have a hard time doing this on slicks. This was on a GTR for reference.
By the way, the rant I do have are the a$$holes at Car and Driver. I believe a few years ago they tested the V12 and claimed how great they were. I actually listened to those idiots and bought a set of those tires. I couldn't get rid of them fast enough as they provided slightly more grip than my 65K fuel economy tires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post

most people just recommend what they have on their car.
yup.

Last edited by cossie1600; 07-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote