View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #90 (permalink)
westpak
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 350Z DB
westpak is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McLain View Post
Agree a thousand percent as I've had an opportunity to study the logs and mull over it some more. Very perceptive and smart move on your part by adding the resistor and that shows real experience. Excellant!

Not logged the intake temp but what I noticed is when the water temp was lower, the car ran more timing on its own. Initially I thought it was me adding some timing, but something is obviously overriding the timing settings. The tuning timing tables at higher rpm says 26 degrees, but I've seen 28 degrees. Why would it be more? Pretty crazy.

On other software I've used, in particular there are offsets on the fuel for water temps. Guessing Nissan has tables that does the same for timing. Again, just for giggles I changed the Ignition Hi Det tables to see what happens

For right now, being the ECU pretty much does what it wants, think I'll just set the Accessport aside until they make a little more progress. Save my dyno $$ for when the sun is shining so I can actually make a little hay for a change.

Again, very perceptive and excellant post.
Thanks, I think that once they crack those other tables that are coming into effect you will be able to tune and know what you are getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny McLain View Post
Interesting....When I called Cobb about the fuel/air being different than the dyno's wideband, they said they were narrow band. No wonder they they cost $425.00 each.
yeah the front ones which provide the feedback to the ECU are wideband and the rears are still narrowband
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote