Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #1212 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Looks like the Marines are going back to my favorite, the M1911 Colt .45. It was announced yesterday the USMC will purchase up to 12,000 of them to replace the standard issue Baretta M9 which has been their standard sidearm since it replaced the M1911 in 1985.

It has been reported that most Marines didn't like the M9 either due to lack of stopping power and/or lack of accuracy (the .45 suffers from the latter beyond a certain distance).

Marine Spec Ops already use the M1911. I personally never liked the Baretta M9. Of course you have trade offs, but in close quarters, I personally prefer the Colt. My opinions are based upon my time serving on U.S. Navy ships. where close quarters is reality. Large M-14s don't work in the tight confines of a ship (although great for overwatch). A 12 gauge shotgun and .45 is what I liked to carry when responding to intruder alerts back in the day.

Here is a pic of what the Marine version will look like.

ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote