View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #128 (permalink)
N0SL3N
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 PG 370z 6MT
N0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nissan needs to look at the BMW 335. I have the 3.0L TT N54 engine and that thing is fast. With a simple <$1000 module you can easily bring it up to 400 hp at the crank.

My biggest complaint with the Z is torque. While it gets up to speed pretty quick, there is not the 'oh **** this is quick' feeling that I get in an all wheel drive 4 door sedan. The next Z should have a 3.X litre engine with some sort of twin (or twin scroll) turbo that can reliably produce 400hp and 350ish torque at a low boost. And then with a modest ($$) amount of tuning people can increase the boost and get over 400hp at the wheels.

This would really help the Z compete with some other cars (mustang, M3, C63) while not stealing sales from the GTR. Either way I think Nissan would be happy with sales being stolen from the GTR if they sell 5 Zs for every 1 GTR they do not sell.

I also do not like the idea of different engines at different trim levels. I feel like it waters down the experience as the car should be built and sold how it is intended to drive.