View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpak@HPLogic View Post
I think there are just some settings that are not accessible that owuld help tune and neutralize conditions while you tune that affect timing.

we played around with the intake temps and actually put an adjustable resistor in the line to control the temps the ECU would see and you could see 5 degrees being taken out as it got hotter, so without knowing if there are similar tables for oil temps we knew we may be fighting a tough battle to get consistent results. It is a good product/concept just needs a little fine tuning to get more control over what is going on to be able to tune and know you have consistent results.
Agree a thousand percent as I've had an opportunity to study the logs and mull over it some more. Very perceptive and smart move on your part by adding the resistor and that shows real experience. Excellant!

Not logged the intake temp but what I noticed is when the water temp was lower, the car ran more timing on its own. Initially I thought it was me adding some timing, but something is obviously overriding the timing settings. The tuning timing tables at higher rpm says 26 degrees, but I've seen 28 degrees. Why would it be more? Pretty crazy.

On other software I've used, in particular there are offsets on the fuel for water temps. Guessing Nissan has tables that does the same for timing. Again, just for giggles I changed the Ignition Hi Det tables to see what happens

For right now, being the ECU pretty much does what it wants, think I'll just set the Accessport aside until they make a little more progress. Save my dyno $$ for when the sun is shining so I can actually make a little hay for a change.

Again, very perceptive and excellant post.

Last edited by Denny McLain; 09-03-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote