View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #93 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning on test driving a 5.0 tomorrow. Not going to buy it because I don't want to waste money buying a new car, just want to see how it drives.

I don't see what your problem is with Nissan making the Z "mustang fast" as you like to call it. Why shouldn't Nissan strive to outperform the V8 versions of other cars? Porsche does it with the 911. Even the GT-R does it with its TT V6. The V8's Nissan would be aiming for aren't quite the same as those of the 911 and GT-R, but the idea is the same. A TT V6 can be made to outperform a V8.

I never said the Z needed to outpower the 5.0 by becoming a V8 muscle car. They can up the HP and decrease weight to make the car faster overall, not just in a straight line. I was never talking about straight line speed, I'm talking about on a road course. The Z should have better handling than the mustang and should be able to put in better lap times.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote