View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_ View Post
Same thing happened to me when I drove the Z when it still belonged to my dad. I was his instructor at a Driver's Edge event at TWS and he asked me to take him out in the Z and show him what it could do. Well what it did was the clutch stuck to the floor after about 5 laps and when I pulled into the pits the rear diff was overheated and binding up.
That's another thing to point out. The diff fluid is garbage. Probably the worst fluid that goes into our cars out all the fluids. If you track it's best to change out all fluids with some good performance based products.

And if you plan to do a good amount track time get a good diff. Hell even if you don't it's still one of the best mods to have.