View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #86 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan8 View Post
I'm not sure why everyone has this need to compare to a stang. I love the 5.0 GT and really like what ford has done.
However, these comparisons must stop. Do we compare the Mustang GT to Genesis 5.0 R-Spec (only comes in sedan form)?? because in essence that's what it's like comparing the 370 to the mustang.

370Z = V-6, 2 seater, sports car with short wheel base and wide track. Underlying focus on cornerning and agility, not speed. Especially once you take into consideration the short gearing.

Mustang GT = V-8, high displacement, Sporty Coupe, long wheel base, Stronger focus on straight line speed, but does well in the corners as well.

they are different cars, just like the wrx/evo are different cars than the Z. I have said this before and will say it again. If we look at similar cars (2 seats, rwd, around 3000-3400 lbs on average) you get Cayman S, bmw Z4, Audi TT. Why should Nissan look to beat the Stang? They want to make a Japanese version of a Porsche Cayman S or R.
repped... thats basically what i beren saying but more cut and dry.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote