View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoked View Post
I have stock 18' rims on my 2011 Z. I bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S plus replacing my OEM at 10k miles. The tires are rated at 500AA with 45,000 mile warranty. After driving 10000 miles, the center is almost worn to the wear bar and the sides are only slightly worn. I tried to drop the psi down to 31 from 34 around 8000 mile mark on the rears (thinking it was over inflated) with no luck. any ideas and suggestions? Anyone else using these tires and care to share how many miles you get out of them, psi, and any premature wear (i know our cars comes factory with -1 camber)?

I do spirited runs, but that shouldnt cause premature center wear.

Thanks for your input

I've also seen this happen on tires that were mounted on rims that were not wide enough. This causes the tire's sidewall to angle in farther than normal and this makes the tire "bulge" in the center. No amount of air pressure adjustment will fix that. I used to work in a tire store like a hundred years ago, so I have seen this many times when people try to mismatch a rim and tire. Don't know if this pertains to your situation, but I thought that I would throw it out there.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote