View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #62 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compdoc777 View Post
No matter what they are going to need to bring up HP to match the mustang and other related cars. They will probably use DI and a efficient turbo like most car companies are doing now. It will be a smaller motor. They will probably use more aluminum in the suspension. My Sky had the aluminum rear axel out of the CTS-V. I am sure Nissan can switch to a lighter rear axel.
This is what you're missing. The Z... is a NA 3.7 ltr V6 that rivals a challenger rt in performance. V6V6V6V6V6V6V6V6VVVVVVVV666666. the key word is v6. just the fact it can hit 13.1 second quarters on an automatic stock is a huge feat for a V6. 1g of grip for 35k? Cutting edge technological breakthroughs left and right in the car like srm and vvel. Rays engineering wheels... Not enkei's or some other middle brand. Rays!!! Akebono brakes on the Z are the shortest real world stopping brakes under 70k. carbon fiber driveshaft and radiator housing and high grade aluminum everywhere.

Why does the Z need to be as fast as a mustang? i say make it a permanently low volume car in the USA. 3k units a year including nismo models and sport pkg. let us bid for a Z. American market doesnt deserve the next gen Z or the GT-R. Everyone buy a mustang if they care that much about straight line... let europe and asia keep enjoying what we cant understand in america.

I totally understand now why it took 30 years for nissan to bring the skyline this way. Most just don't get it.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote