View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #499 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoatw View Post
Got mine (#543) yesterday, and did the install the same night (11:00 pm). As a dentist who doesn't really work on cars, took me 4 freaking hours by myself while wife and kids are sleeping upstairs. Fired her up @3:00 am, and ended up with an angry wife cuz of the noise, however, it is worth it because I did the work all by myself instead of sending it to the shop. Took me a while trying to lower the car back down because I was afraid of crushing the exhaust during lowing the car from rear jack point (the pumpkin). I ended up using the rear pinch weld to lower the car...

The Z is my first toy car that I intend to mess around with, and this is the very first set of exhaust I've owned. Drove to work 1/2 asleep this morning with the top down, and boy it is loud.... Still trying to get use to it.... I ended up driving slower than normal because of the noise. I did let the exhaust sing a little while driving through the underpass, it sends a chill through me and made me feel young again! As a 36 yr. old dentist, I feel like back in high school.

The only thing I am concerned about is the gap between the exhaust tip and the rear valence. How much of the gap should I have? Will it melt my bumper?
Awesome! Yeah my neighborhood hates me now cause I start up my car at about 7:15am, and it just roars cause I don't have it tuned yet, so it's revs pretty high at first. Glad you like it!

Sent from my iPizzle using magic and new-fangled science stuff
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote