View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

My first time operating a manual car, was actually my dads truck. My dad was (and still is) a tough guy and didnt give me much slack, and never let me win anything. Sounds like im complaining but im not just trying to build a picture of what I was dealing with.

I was able to buck and jerk us about 4 miles away from home because he was making me so nervous. I never stalled because like someone else posted I had the mechanics down from ATV's and Dirt Bikes. His facial expressions and sighs when I let the clutch out to quick was enough to make me get out, walk home, and say im just going to own AT's.

Next day my Mom took me outside said drive, and I drove 20 miles no problems. Even had a steep incline I stopped on. I have been driving MT's ever since.

P.S My dad and I get along great by the way and I thank him for raising me the way he did every chance I get. When I want something I go get it, I dont wait for it to be handed to me.