View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
whoady4shoady
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Silver Nismo
whoady4shoady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
I agree with those stating that the 370 was developed as is to keep it from competing with the GTR. The motor responds well to boost, the numbers easily compare to the GTR's numbers so it would not make sense for Nissan to offer a SC or Turbo version of the 370. Given the price, if the 370 came with let's say 400HP I think a lot of people would look to the 370 over the GTR.

I hope they do not put a turbo 4 in the mustang. A V6 for the "regular" model sure but a turbo 4? The car is too big and heavy unless they completely move away from the muscle car roots the Mustang has.

I have seen some pictures of what the next gen Mustang is going to look like and IMO it is the wrong direction. Either way I could care less...I have my GT500 and I love it...if Ford does go down what I consider the wrong path I'd pick up a 2013 GT500 later down the road if I had to. Although, I plan on keeping my GT500 for a long time and it's not a daily driver so except for catastrophic engine failure or accident I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Just my opinion on what Ford should do with the Mustang...keep it a muscle car or improve upon and evolve the current platform ie IRS weight improvement. I could see the GT500 coming out with an auto version, imagine what the 2013 GT500 would do with a transmission similar to that of the GTR let alone IRS added to that equation.
whoady4shoady is offline   Reply With Quote