View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #70 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by edIT View Post
Hello everyone.

So I bought an X back in March, and I love everything statistically about the car, but I'm not sure if it's the right car for me. It's my only car, so it's my DD, but I commute 50 miles total every day. The gas mileage is ok, but with the tank size and gas prices right now it's just getting to me. I didn't buy the car expecting to get great gas mileage, but I have zero free time to take it to the track/mod it, which seems like what this car is meant for. The ride is also a bit rough around the edges.

I'm just curious, on a DD level, how the 370z compares to the X. Has anyone driven both? I haven't had a chance to go test-drive one myself, but I'm thinking about it. Also, over the year, is it cheaper to own a 370z? I know MSRP price tags are about the same, but if maintenance/mileage/comfort are far superior I might make the switch.

If anyone has own/driven both these cars I would love to hear their opinions. The other car I was looking at was a new Scion TC. I know it's not the best car in the bunch, but it's good gas mileage and I plan on getting a bike, so my fun could come from that.

Thanks for any and all help/advice!

-Nick
I drive 41 miles one way right now so 81 miles (used to be 50 each way so 100 miles) going into L.A. Honestly 50 miles doesn't seem like a long commute at all.

That being said the 370z has made my commute a *lot* more livable. Have not driven a EVO X but I did come from a '06 Subaru impreza. Granted it was not the WRX/STI so way less power but I think the interior/ride would be fairly similar. I enjoy my commute with the Z a hell of a lot more.

The 19 gallon tank is nice as it means I usually only have to fill up once a week. Getting 100 less miles per tank on my Subaru was definitely annoying. Amazingly the non turbo got worse gas mileage than my 370z did.

Of course I am in Socal with no snow (almost never).

EDIT:

LOL and I just realized I was responding to a thread from last year. Thanks |samu for bumping such an old thread.

Last edited by houkouonchi; 07-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.
houkouonchi is offline   Reply With Quote