View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #324 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

Okay okay, and please don't anybody stomp on me for bringing this up, but I may have found one small, but possibly significant problem with the fuse pull. (If you have kids riding with you)

I pulled mine (its an 09, so totally necessary) and now the passenger side child-seat airbag/sensor/disable function does not work. I can't *positively* say the CB pull is responsible, but would like to know if any of you have noticed that since the mod, the little airbag disable light (and associated airbag disable feature) does not function anymore when you install a child seat.

I have read the manual and double checked my install procedure several times and my airbag is definitely not behaving as it was designed to.

I have also detected just a hair of delay. (perhaps 1 second) but like most people here, do not mind in the slightest

On the other hand, as long as you don't put kids up there, the airbag (if it really *is* F'ed up by the mod) is the only thing I can detect that is adversely effected.

I'm interested to hear if anybody else has noticed this effect. Perhaps I have some unrelated system malfunction to track down. If nobody else has this problem, I will troubleshoot it by reinstalling the cb, but to be honest I do not really want to dig into that deeply buried cb box again unless I have to.
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 07-26-2012 at 07:21 AM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote