View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoked View Post
Thanks for the replies. I know the tires are only warrantied for 22k miles bc it's staggered. My major concern is the premature wear in the center of the tire only. I had discount tire store deflated to 31 psi hoping to correct the issue, but with no luck. From my knowledge, center wear is only caused by overinflation, right?
Btw, my stock tires wore as it should for 10k miles, with the inside wearing out faster than outside due to negative camber.
I gave up on tire warranties years ago. They always find a reason not to give you anything. At 7250 miles I had used up the stock tires outer edge. With my new tires I added two degrees of camber to help wear out the centers more. At 12,800 miles the centers are fine and the outer edge is nearly worn out.

It is a matter of perspective. If I ever got 10,000 miles out of a set of front tires, well I don't know what I'd do. 7250 miles was the best I've ever done on any Z over the past 30 years and this is probably because I had two engine break ins.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote