View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Reaper42
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GetLucky370
Reaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to beholdReaper42 is a splendid one to behold
Default Need advice/input on new wheel set up

So I am torn on what wheel set up to get this weekend for my Z.

Right now it is between Enkei RPF1s and PF01.

PF01 would be 18x9.5+15 in front and 18x10.5+15 in rear. weight is about the same as my stock sport rays, I think a lb lighter maybe.

RPF1s would be 18x9.5+15 front and 18x10.5+15 in rear. weight is about 5 lbs lighter than stock rims.

As I am told 1lb in weight saving in a rim is equal to 20 lbs in rotating mass, which if I am thinking this correctly is 100lbs lighter rotating mass per corner?

Sounds pretty significant to me in weight savings.

Problem is Im not sure how well the rpf1 will clear front brakes, and to me the pf01 look better than the rpf1. But since my car is 90% a weekend track car, is the weight savings worth it?

Also Ive been hearing that a lot of you track guys have been benefiting greatly from doing a square set up. So I am wondering if thats something I should be considering as well. Only thing is if I do a square set up I would want to do 10.5 square if it is possible, since I have a thing about having wide tires.

Somone point me in the right direction
Reaper42 is offline   Reply With Quote