View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Trips
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
did a search of the forum and couldnt turn up anything on this so thought i'd ask here....anyone else have a gasoline odor that comes from their Z when it's warming up? had the smell ever since i got it new and mostly goes away after warm up, but seems like it's running a little rich. would a tune help with this or is it just something normal for the Z?
I would say only that you maybe try to reset the ecu

From what I understand the ecu learns drvivng habit and so if your a little heavy on the foot? it will be runnig a tad richer and the opposite if your a light foot.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong?

As to the smell of gas, I would suggest you open the hood while warming to have a visual? to find out IF you have a small gas leak causing the smell.

With that at least you'll know if it either is or not leaking and figure it maybe just running rich in which the gas smell is coming from the exhaust.

If it's still under warranty by all means take it in to have it looked at for peace of mind.

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote