View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
nightwish
Base Member

Drives: na
nightwish is on a distinguished road
Default ok here it is

I needed the tablet on the fly and like the idea of it also being in the car and a small screen wont cut it for me so ….
Items needed to complete tablet storage
Leatherette ‘’ Samsung’’
Clear screen overlay ‘’ Berklin’’
Velcro - ‘’Command Brand’’
Permanent Marker ‘’Sharpie’’
Glue’’3M Spray Adhesive’’
Punch hole’’ for camera’’
ALTERATION STORE
Auxiliary cable or A2DP
(6” aux is to short unless you mount case lower or make hole on bottom of case to connect)
OK First start by measuring your tablet and case by placing tablet inside and finding the outer edge of the tablet..There is space between the edge of the tablet and end of the leatherette
This is your starting point to measure. I personally wanted to have a little of the black part of the screen showing so I ended up with a larger center square. So from that point I measured ½ inch but the top and bottom I just used the edge of the case to mark my beginning point. Then I made outline with a marker and took it to the alteration shop AKA Shoe repair. I requested silver stitching to match my knee plates..
Take the screen cover and remove only the side that isn’t tacky from the screen protection. This is the side you will glue to your leatherette. Once you remove your tablet the leatherette still look like a regular screen and its not like a ugly hole in the case.
I measured 1inch from center and eye ball the top and bottom.. I placed the Velcro on the cubby lid then place the leatherette to get the fit I wanted. I finished with the black marker where the cut was made to cover the core of the case..
Driving for a month I notice I needed to add a foam on the bottom because the slight play and taking it in and out all day long for work and security also I found adding another Velcro piece inside to loop[ on top ,middle point would give support to the case so it wouldn’t slump outwards, other than that boyz n gurlz get ready to turn heads for a $20.00 mod..LOL unless you don’t have the case/tablet etc… cubby still function like factory too…ENJOY!!! also if you want i have a DIY on f-1 Light using your factory fog light another $20 LOL

Last edited by nightwish; 07-25-2012 at 08:24 AM.
nightwish is offline   Reply With Quote