View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #45 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

There are quite a few guys (and girl) racing Nissan's professionally within the US. Looking outside of the 370Z realm, we have the following, including DWW, SFR and Doran:
- Skull Candy Nissan Altima Coupe Team (Conti-Tire/Grand-AM)
- CRP Racing Nissan GT-R Team (Pirelli WC)
- Conquest Endurance LMP2 powered NISSAN (AMLS)
- Off-road racing teams, etc.

Although the 370Z is our focus here, I think a dedicated section to all of Nissan's racing efforts is needed. At the Mid-Ohio event that is coming up in a few weeks, there will be 3 370Z's, 2 GT-R,s and the Conquest Endurance LMP2 car (at a minimum). Covering that event with images, story recap, etc is a huge job, but worthwhile in my opinion. Many of us are interested in all things racing, I would even encourage Kyle and Steve Millen to post up there race events, like the Targa rallies.

The primary difference between this *new* section (in my mind) and the Track Day/Autocross section currently used, should be that its topics would be strictly focused on the teams and events. Questions regarding general builds, individual questions regarding car setup, etc. would remain in the Track/Day/Autocross section unless a questions is specifically addressed to a team during the appropriate thread.

Brian Kleeman (BKleeman) of the #07 DWW Motorsports PWC team posts on here when he can as well as BJ Zacharias (Dwnshft) from Doran. I know Ric Bushey & Greg Shaffer from SFR do in fact frequent this forum and are wanting to get more active in posting up content. They would definitely be interested in this new section. I have spoken to members of the Skull Candy Altima team on other forums recently, who may also be interested in joining up, posting content and keeping us up to date.

Nissan NA has the "NISSAN PERFORMANCE" facebook page, which I like for the most part. But I feel that it has become WAY over-focused on the Gran Turismo Academy and the GT-R street car. I feel that it has lost its core focus and does not highlight the current teams campaigning within the USA. They have failed NUMEROUS times to post up events like the Car Corral/Hospitality Chalets that both Patrick and myself have been working to promote here on the forum. Even with BJ's success with Doran in the Conti-Tire series, I have yet to see a single notable mention, event posting, event reminder or a even a TV aire date listed on Nissan's FB pages. This really irritates me to see since the teams need support from the fans and this is a critical area for exposure. **End ranting**

Last edited by Dustin@Z1; 07-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote