View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 03:02 AM   #160 (permalink)
ChrisUR
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Black Edition
ChrisUR will become famous soon enoughChrisUR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
1. Will the larger fuel lines/rails/injectors be too much for the 'stock' pump to power for those remaining NA for the time being? Or would it be something that can be included in the maps when getting UpRev tuned?
there will be no problem with the stock pump afai can see - the pressure will remain the same even with a slightly bigger diameter.

2. Looking forward for the complete install.
me too :-)

Two thoughts, is this a project for someone considering staying NA to even consider if the possible gain was marginal, and just made a much better looking intake manifold for aesthetics?
well, as I have a NA myself my goal is to achieve more power with this manifold even for a otherwise stock engine (injectors, fuel pump, etc.) - but only driving the car and dyno-test will proof. I'm well aware that in the worst case my NA car can loose power from this mod and I will tell you the truth about what comes out at the end of the day promised. At least the asthetic look will be phenomenal and for FI cars the benefit should be huge - time will tell

Secondly, With the GTR having a different strut bar than the Z, would it be somewhat of a tragedy to get this, and then just be covering the manifold with the stock strut bar? I wonder if there was a way to make another strut bar that would go 'around' the cover vs directly over it...
the strut bar is an important thing to look at but I will start to work on this not before the manifold is in place - I have several solutions in mind but need to see it in reality before deciding what is necessary to make it fit.