View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Muffler delete equals Rich condition

I did some searching and I was not able to find a similar thread so here goes.

I went ahead and removed the muffler to save some weight and get some good noise. Ever since then I've been running extremely rich. I would say about 280 miles per tank of fuel (I used to average 310 to 340). So I did some research and I tried the "Idle Air Volume learning" procedure but to be honest I am sure I screwed it up:

2003-2011 Nissan 350Z - 370Z Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure | Nissanhelp.com

I can further prove this rich condition due to the fact that I had a dyno on the same day of the muffler delete and the shop tech told me I was running extremely rich.

Dyno:

Notice the TON of torque...I must have a v8 for like 1 whole second...LMAO!!

So my question is am I forced to get a tune? or is there another reset procedure I can run? Did I do the above mentioned procedure wrong? Etc?

EDIT: note that the pull showing the most power is with the filters removed.

Last edited by cavemancan; 07-23-2012 at 09:21 PM.
cavemancan is offline   Reply With Quote