View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
jm1fd
Base Member

Drives: 1977 REPU White M5
jm1fd is on a distinguished road

What you're describing makes it sound like the heat coming off the back of the oil cooler is what is just enough to push things over the edge. Fans with more airflow should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindi1973 View Post
well i have an appointment at one of shops that have the gauge for both low and high side , i sat in the car for 45 min in 120f weather infront of the house and it was cold as hell till the oil temps reached 220 and the dots are in the middle and most it reaches is one dot past middle , so i guess when i go there i should wait till it starts reaching those temps and test it , because if they test while its cold it might not be too hig or too low , its a twinturbo setup so i yes their is a big as% intercooler and the filters are on the sides behind the bumper , the solution which alot agree on and its a fact twinturbo setups,turbos,superchargers on those cars need bigger fans period , stock ones are not doing the job so spal fans will be replaced soon with high cfm and another fan behind the cooler , all will be with a thermo swtich .
thank you for ur sharing and help , finally someone shared or said something .
jm1fd is offline   Reply With Quote