View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guavazo View Post
To think back to find the clutch engage point is a challenge to me due to it engage so high off the ground. once I getting used to where it is it went much smoother.

also before I bought the car all the people I talk to said the car should start rolling 1000~1200 rev, but I found Z like it a bit higher for a better start.
i find that my Z gets the smoothest take off at around 1500RPM, but 1000-1200 works equally well with a little more chatter around that range if you don't feather the clutch just right. as everyone else has said, it can be a little difficult to get used to the clutch on the Z as the Z is also the first manual car i have owned, but i had a little experience beforehand too driving my dads MT dodge daytona that was a turbo and also my buddies wifes 96 civic so it was a little less of a learning curve for me. Once you get it down though the driving experience of shifting through the gears is oh so rewarding
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote