View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by geddy lee View Post
I have a friend who is a manager at NTB. Whenever I buy tires ( quite often ) he gives me the tirerack price. He is very knowledgable about the business. I asked him how much he would charge to install some wheel spacers if I bought them. He said NTB will not install spacers and that they would be bad for the car. He said that installing spacers , either of the 2 types , causes the car to flex differently , putting forces on the suspension and other parts of the car that it was not designed for. The car was designed for a specific wheel base and width and that I should not mess with that. Any thoughts?
hes right. Which is why most cars only ever come with 1 choice of tires / wheels. Like the 370z. The 18" base wheels are a myth, as are the Nismo rays.

P.S by his point, the car was designed for certain suspension also... so dont change your suspension. It was also designed for particular intakes, so dont change those.. Or your exhaust.. or tune.. or any bulbs in the car.. (see the point?) Any one category of item.. isnt bad on its own.. Getting the wrong type, a bad install, or bad combination of things can be bad.

Also.. for being a friend and giving you tire rack places.. you can walk into any tire shop and tell em the price on tire rack and they would match it. Kauffman, NTB, Discount tire and butler all said they would match tirerack. Were he your friend, he'd cut you something better.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote