View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
gsxr750
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z man. sport
gsxr750 will become famous soon enough

I've ridden and owned all types of bikes for the last 42 years and still enjoy sport bikes and flat track or super moto style of bikes.

The only thing that gets old on a bike quick, is long distance interstate driving for long periods of time.

Even senic twisty roads get old after about 2hrs. in the saddle.

Most rides if kept with in the 2 hr max one way drive are enjoyable with a decent place to relax or do something for a couple of hrs. etc.

Your best bet for an enjoyable bike is one that is lite weight and has a lot of torque down low, you can enjoy all the speed and torque with in the legal speed limit and not draw unwanted attention from cops.

I currently have a 07 gsxr1000, buell xb12r, 1200 sportster with 90hp engine and I find my self taking out the sportster most of the time.

The main thing to remember with bikes is that they are really meant for leisure or weekend driving, life span of most sport bikes is 20k -40k and most will be needing some expensive engine repair around that mileage.

Cruisers are good for about the same amount japs more , harleys less.

Some of the jap 4 cylinders touring and bmw touring bikes can easily get into the 80-100k mileage range.

So here are some basic fact about owning bikes.

1. riding in bad or cold or to hot of weather just plain sucks.
2. riding long distance is quite boring and women hate it.
3. most women hate riding on the back of a bike longer that 15 minutes, if you want to share riding with your girlfriend of wife, then get her a bike to.
4. Helmet head and all the extra safety and riding gear required really suck.
5. If you ride fast or a sport bike most cops will be drawn to you like flies on **** etc.

Last edited by gsxr750; 07-22-2012 at 04:24 PM.
gsxr750 is offline   Reply With Quote