View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRon View Post
Hi. I am new to this forum, and as you can see by my name, I am a king named Ron. lol

But I have noticed something with older people that drive automatics. It seems that they don't enjoy driving anymore and they say it is like a chore that they can't get around. And (the only person I know that drives manual) my uncle still has fun in his Mustang and Camaro at 34. Also (by car videos) older older people say they enjoy manuals because they are more engaged with the car.

I am 17 and I may get a 370z for my graduation present (next year). I was wondering I should get an automatic because me being a novice, or get a manual (that I have no experience with) to possibly enjoy driving for the next however many years.

*And do any of you enjoy your 370z still like you did when you first got it?

hey ron and welcome to the forums, to answer your question i would say that most older people who make comments like that aren't really much into driving in the first place and have probably never enjoyed driving. secondly you might want to think about test driving a few cars before you settle on a manual transmission on the Z as it does tend to have a very steep learning curve when it comes to being able to shift properly in the Z. Having said that i will have to agree with alot of others on the forum that the automatic in the 370Z is among the best automatics out there on the market. The main thing you have to keep in mind when thinking about getting a car is what YOU are going to use it for and just go from there.
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote